FindLaw Website, SEO, & Marketing For Law Firms Review
You’ve probably found us while searching for FindLaw reviews because you’re looking to sign up with FindLaw for Internet marketing services like SEO, web design, or other Internet marketing services. We’ll explain in this review why FindLaw isn’t a good solution for Internet marketing for lawyers.
Why You Shouldn’t Sign Up With FindLaw – Our Review
Below are the top 5 issues that lawyers have with FindLaw according to FindLaw’s current and former clients:
- Website ownership issues between the law firm and FindLaw (you don’t own your own website, domain, or content)
- Lengthy locked in contracts (12 months to 36 month contracts)
- Poor SEO ranking results (which results in very little traffic to your website)
- Very high prices for SEO campaigns (with negative ROI)
- They work with any and every law firm and have no exclusivity
Out of the above issues that were mentioned the most important issue with FindLaw that we have with them is their poor SEO results. In the end of the day, that’s what you’re paying them for and you need good SEO to rank which then translates into new clients.
CoFlex Marketing has reviewed dozens of law firm’s websites who hired FindLaw for their law firm’s search engine optimization (SEO). Below are just some of the technical issues with those websites that we’ve found:
- URL’s are not properly optimized. They have file extensions showing and capitalized letters in the URL.
- Some pages are targeting several different cities on the same page.
- For the law firms that also paid FindLaw to blog for them, new blog posts are only made once a month.
- Title tags not properly optimized (keyword stuffing, no title tag on some pages, inconsistent formatting, etc.).
- Very little content on practice area pages.
- Generic content and stock photos.
- Not enough backlinks are created.